Rez Modding Tutorial

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rez Modding Tutorial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laser

Rez Modding Tutorial Smod

Rez Modding Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Rez Modding Tutorial   Rez Modding Tutorial EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Tutorial FOR Rez MOdding
You will need

skill (for good mods)
black angel pack
Photoshop

Ok here are the following parts of the topic:
a) injecting files
b) texture editing
c) model changing / swapping

A) INJECTING FILES:

For every new modders, injecting in the first challenge to pass, follow this part of the topic to
be sure to do things correctly

1ST step;
Find the file where you have to inject your mod or the mod you have downloaded (do not forget to extract, winrar(mostly used to compress files))
if you dont know where to inject, chek this topic, if its not writted in the post: EVERY REZ FILES AND WHAT THEY CONTROL

2ND step;
open the injector (RezInject)(injector placed at the end of the topic under usefull modding programs rar) and click on file name, browse your combat arms folder, then game ( like this normal time: C:NexonCombat ArmsGame) and select the .rez you want to inject your file in,

3RD step;
to inject the mod, press add under files to inject, browse where you extracted the mod and select it (remeber, .dtx = texture, ****b = model) then press inject (you can inject more then one mod at the same time, make sure its written under status: file found/ ok)

4TH step;
go into you combat arms folder, game (C:NexonCombat ArmsGame) and search the .rez where you inject your file,

create a back-up folder, select the .rez and drag it into the back-up folder (HIGHLY RECOMENDED) and rename the .reznew to .rez

5TH step;
start the game and enjoy!!!

B) TEXTURE EDITING:
So you want to try out modding texture and see what skills you got? well try out by this way!

1ST step:
Run RezXtract, get into your combat arms folder and search the folder you want to take the gun from (again: EVERY REZ FILES AND WHAT THEY CONTROL)

2ND step;
press open, let the prosses do itself,

*wait until you see extraction complete!
**it will auto extract into your combat arms folder, in a big folder with the name of the selected .rez

3RD step;
Open DTX Convert (do not close it after use), browse the file you want to edit, i will take for example: the l96a1, witch is name is PV_L96A1, click on it and press convert to Lith Tech ( it will be instant, dont be scared, its fast )

4TH step;
open photoshop (link to cs3, cs4, cs5, portable all the photshops)
then browse your dtx (important, you have to put the plug-ins, included into the .rar for rez tool)

5TH step;
now, take a brush, (i sugest to take overlay (see pic) for everything, its just perfect for modding) and do what you want to do,

6TH step;
now you have to save, press file, save as and choose dtx format

Click here to view the original image of 797x643px and 91KB.

7TH step;
now, get back on your DTX convert and press convert to nexon!

8TH step;
open the injector (RezInject)(injector placed at the end of the topic under usefull modding programs rar) and click on file name, browse your combat arms folder, then game ( like this normal time: C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\Game) and select the .rez you want to inject your file in,

9TH step;
to inject the mod, press add under files to inject, browse where you extracted the mod and select it (remeber, .dtx = texture, ****b = model) then press inject (you can inject more then one mod at the same time, make sure its written under status: file found/ ok)

10TH step;
go into you combat arms folder, game (C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\Game) and search the .rez where you inject your file, you shuld see somthing like this:

create a back-up folder, select the .rez and drag it into the back-up folder (HIGHLY RECOMENDED) and rename the .reznew to .rez

11TH step;
start the game and enjoy!!!

C) MODEL SWAPPING
ok so youve done alot texture modding, you are quite haveing the habbit with extracting and injecting so i will pass over these steps.

1ST step;
I sugest you to extract the folder and create folders for every guns (it shuld be 4 files per gun)

2ND step;
Now you have to choose a good gun, compatible, to mod your gun to a new model, here is what a sugest for easyer mods:
-follow the model size category( you wont get large or small weapons):model size category
-i recomend to always chek the stats, remember, ONLY fire rate changes! so you wont get a m134 at m32 fire rate.
-chek the correspoding anibases files at the very end of the topic ( i wont go trew hex editing, since i dont know how to deal with it perfectly)

3RD step;
Select the anibase of the P90 (i take this as example) and copy it into a new folder you create for modding

4TH step;
Find the anibase of the scorpion (here its ani-g) and do the same thing you did for the p90, but in the same folder

5TH step;
now, right clic the P90 anibase and copy the name then write ORIGINAL after the name, then R-clic the scorpion and paste the name

6TH step;
Now inject the renamed anibase in guns_m_smg (for this example) and rename, like normal time for rez editing

7TH step;
Get in-game, but its not over yet, just chek if your model swap had wored, you will see weird all texture, its normal, (if your swap doesn't work, try to un-equip all your gear, and get ingame again)

8TH step;
Now get back on your desktop (leave the game, close it) and find the dtx for the p90 and the scorpion, copy them in the folder you put the anibase's

9TH step;
Rename the files, just like we did with the anibases, inject, and run combat arms.
* you can only do textures if you want, like for m416 to m416 camo

ENJOY!

CREDITS:
From anoter site
why06

Back to top Go down
Avith

Rez Modding Tutorial Founder
Avith

Rez Modding Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rez Modding Tutorial   Rez Modding Tutorial EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Credits *Sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://acidicburn.forumotion.com

Rez Modding Tutorial

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: REZ Modifications-
Social Media Buttons